If you are looking into installing a metal roof, there are a few things you may be wondering about. Metal roofs are known for their durability, appearance, and variety of options. Many people know this, but are they qualified for the job? A properly installed metal roof can be everything you’ve dreamed of, but if it’s not installed properly, it can be a nightmare. Here are a few questions to ask your manufacturer before they install your new roof.
- Are you licensed? This may seem like a question that doesn’t need to be asked, but you should always make sure that your roofer is licensed to install metal roofing. Metal roofs are different from shingle roofs, and the installation process is completely different. Your roofer should have some sort of proof that they have completed a training in metal roof installation.
- What are you insured for? You should make sure that your roofer is insured for workers compensation and liability insurance. This liability insurance will help you if there is an injury on the job or property damage. If they are insured, you will not be liable. If they are not, you may be stuck fronting the extra bills.
- How long have you been doing this? Experience is very important when choosing a roofer. If your roofer has no experience in metal roof installation, do you really want to be their first try? You’ll want to ask how many metal roofs they’ve done. Your roofer may have been in business for years, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they have done any metal roofs before yours.
- Can I get a warranty? Metal roofs commonly come with a 50-year warranty. Make sure to confirm with your roofer exactly what is included in your warranty. It will help to safeguard your investment.
- How does the installation process go? Your roofer can either completely rip off your old roof and replace it with a metal roof or they can also re-roof it. This is when the metal roofing is installed directly over the old roofing. Once you know which version they use, you can make sure that everything is sealed correctly. If things are not sealed correctly, it can cause water damage and other problems.
Ready for a New Roof?
If you are ready for a new roof, give 1st Coast Metal Roofing Supply in the Ocala area a call today! They are top metal roof manufacturers in the Ocala area.