Water damage is a serious issue that greatly affects the value and safety of your home. Several issues ranging from major flooding to a simple washing machine overflow have the potential to become expensive and difficult problems when left unchecked. Here are five simple tips for water damage repair in Oshkosh, WI that you can utilize to protect your home.
- Respond Quickly – When water damage affects your home, it is important to act quickly to repair and restore the structure and its contents. Beginning repair efforts immediately dramatically reduces the level of damage your home and household items sustain in the end.
- Salvage Valuables – Attempt to recover sentimental or valuable items such as photographs and electronics quickly after facing floodwater damage. Many of these types of items are salvageable if you dry them off within 24 hours of a flood.
- Get Rid Of Water – The top priority after a flood takes place is removing as much water as possible from the affected area. For large amounts of water, utilize a pump, buckets and other methods to quickly extract and displace the floodwater. For lingering traces of water, open all available windows to increase airflow and use dehumidifiers to remove excess moisture from the air.
- Make Safety a Priority – Water damage often precedes several hazards such as electrocution, fire damage and bacterial growth. When flooding affects your home, take every precaution necessary to keep you and your family safe such as turning off the main electrical circuit, not using electrical items until your electrical wiring is checked properly, and discarding carpets soaked with waste from overflowed septic tanks.
- Inspect Regularly – Subtle problems that go unnoticed until it is too late cause many incidences of water damage. Inspect your home regularly for leaks and damaged or rusty pipes, as well as the beginnings of issues such as mold and mildew.
Use these simple tips for water damage repair in Oshkosh, WI. No matter the underlying cause of your water damage, repair it with these effective actions steps.
For even better results, work with JG Home Improvements water damage repair specialist in Oshkosh, WI and quickly return your home to its original state.