While the average residential roof will last twenty to thirty years, problems can begin to arise well before the lifespan is up. It is imperative a homeowner is aware of the signs of problems with their roof so they will know when to call in a Roofing Contractor in Appleton. Prompt repairs or roof replacement help to protect a home and prevent further damage from occurring.
Sign Roof Problems are Occurring
Ideally, a homeowner should inspect their roof a couple of times a year and after major storms or high winds. Unexpected damage can occur at any time, leaving behind damage to the interior of the home as well. If any of the following signs are noticed by a homeowner, they need to call a Roofing Contractor in Appleton.
- The edges of the shingles have become curled or cupped.
- There are bald spots on the shingles where granules are missing.
- Many of the shingles are cracked or damaged in some way.
- Dark streaks cover the roof.
- Moss growth has occurred throughout the roof.
- Shingles are missing, and the decking is showing through.
- The roof is over twenty years old.
- The roof leaks when it rains.
- The attic stays overly wet and has mold and mildew growth.
Should a homeowner notice any of the above signs, it is imperative they seek a roof inspection from a contractor. With an inspection, problem areas can be discovered so repairs can be carried out. A roofing contractor can inform a homeowner if repairs will be beneficial or if a complete roof replacement is required.
Prompt Repairs Are Vital
It is imperative a homeowner seeks prompt repairs to their roof before major damages occur. When the roof is promptly repaired, a homeowner can avoid expensive internal damages to their home.
If you are in need of a roofing contractor, call today. To learn more about Motto & Sons Construction, visit the website. They are a roofing contractor homeowners can rely on for all of their roofing needs. Call them today so your roof can be inspected to determine what needs to be done to repair it or if you need a full replacement.