If you want your roof to maintain its role as the ultimate protector of your business, you must be active in its care. You need to implement a regimen of commercial roof maintenance. This proactive measure will work to reduce the costs of repairs and extend the life of the roof.
Basic Commercial Roof Maintenance
If you plan to put into place a system of roof maintenance procedures, you need to be inclusive. The most common maintenance measures include the following:
- Examine the roof for indications of weather damage.
- Clean out both internal and external roof drains and gutters.
- Inspect the waterproofing membranefor alligatoring, blisters, split seams, de-bonding, etc.
- Examine the metal flashingsfor de-graded/dried-out caulking, loose fasteners and/or missing pieces.
- If there are skylights look for any signs of leaks. Damaged flashings and worn or split frames.
- Closely scrutiny all flashings including those for pipes.
- Look for issues in all external ducting.
- Check to see if there is any material missing e.g., shingles, tiles, from the
You should also check for damage caused by animals including birds, raccoons and squirrels as well as evidence of condensation, wood rot and mould.
Maintenance Controls Potential Problems
Instituting a regular commercial roof maintenance program is the best means of identifying existing and potential problems. This allows you to take control of the situation. It is the best means of preventing these issues from becoming serious problems. This, in turn, can reduce the overall roofing costs in Tulsa OK associated with major repairs and roof replacements.
Click here for more information about Commercial Roof Maintenance Tulsa OK