There are many Roofing Companies Salt Lake City, the question is, how do you find the best one? Most people know the basics of finding somebody to just about anything; the same things seem to be applicable to everyone;
- How many years have they been in the business?
- Are they properly insured, workers comp and liability?
- Do they have decent references?
You get answers to these questions, call the BBB and see if there are any open issues with them and if not, give them the job. Unfortunately, these few questions only touch on the surface; everyone should have insurance and names of past customers. This does not separate the good boys from the bad, perhaps the answers to these few questions won’t even weed out the mediocre.
The most important of the three questions is the years in business. Most new businesses don’t make five years, if you find roofing companies in Salt Lake City that can say they have been around for twenty years, they at least have paid their dues and have an established track record. If the company says they have a combined experience of so many years, maybe there are multiple partners or maybe they have changed their name a few times.
Most states require roofers to be licensed, this eliminates just anybody coming along and saying they can do the job when they can’t. Make sure you check the credentials, a roofer can say he’s “certified,” but that simply means he has had some training somewhere along the line in the installation or application of a specific product.
The average homeowner at most, will have to have the roof replaced on his home once every 25 years, so knowing how to find the best Roofing Companies Salt Lake City is not something that falls into the “need to know” category. Here are a couple of tips to help you:
- The best is usually not the cheapest: Once in a while the best company will have the best price, but that is usually the exception, not the rule. Perhaps the estimate was incorrect; perhaps the roof measurements were wrong; if this is case, the homeowner benefits. There are times when there is justification for a low price, perhaps the contractor is just starting his business and he is anxious to get work. On the other hand, the price may be low because the roofer will use second class material and have the work done by unskilled day labor with minimal supervision.
- Go local: Use a local company, not one from another city. A local roofer knows where to get the permits, he will be intimate with the building codes, rules and regulations and they can get better prices from local suppliers because they are well known. Local roofing companies in Salt Lake City also have a reputation to protect; they are part of the community and have to live amongst the residents.
When you find a company that carries the name of the owner, and has a team of skilled roofers working for him, you are well on your way to getting a great roofing company.
There are not many roofing companies in Salt Lake City that can say they have been in business for 65 years. Wesley Green Roofing can, and they have thousands of happy customers to attest to the quality and professionalism they show in their work.
Be the first to like.