An HVAC system, short for heating, ventilation and air conditioning system, helps to maintain quality indoor air and enhance comfort through adequate heating and cooling. HVAC systems require regular maintenance to be able to perform at consistently optimal levels. Here are five simple maintenance tips to use for HVAC Cincinnati.
1. Check Filters – Changing and cleaning filters regularly is important to maintaining proper functioning of your heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. Dirty or worn filters do not allow air to flow properly through the system and can circulate dust, pollen and other harmful allergens. Check and clean your filters once a month and replace them completely every six months.
2. Clean Coils – Evaporator coils are an important component of an air conditioning system that require regular and specific maintenance procedures. These coils are constantly damp during the operation of the air conditioner, and as such, they are a breeding ground for mold and bacteria. During maintenance, it is important to spray down the coils with a mixture of bleach and water to eliminate and prevent mold growth.
3. Remove Moisture – Condensation that occurs during the regular operation of air conditioning units often causes water to collect in and around certain parts of the unit, such as the air intake vents. A little bit of moisture is normal and evaporates quickly; however, if there is enough moisture to form pools of standing water, there is a serious issue. It is important to remove any excess water immediately as it encourages the growth of mold. Next, contact an experienced AC technician to diagnose and repair the problem.
4. Check Fans – Fans make up a significant part of every heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. Over time, dust, dirt and other debris build up on blades, decreasing the system’s airflow and efficiency. Easily avoid this problem by cleaning blades regularly with water and a soft cloth.
5. Hire a Technician – One of the most important aspects of proper system maintenance is hiring a professional HVAC technician. These technicians do comprehensive maintenance checks, identifying and repairing potential problems early, and prolonging the life of your system.
Utilize these easy to implement HVAC Cincinnati tips to keep your system running efficiently. Avoid complete breakdowns that require expensive repairs or complete replacement. Implement a regular maintenance schedule with immediate repairs to prolong the life of your HVAC system and greatly reduce operating costs.
Be the first to like.